Friday, September 13, 2013

Quick call from the PM

Our PM called me this afternoon with a weekly update.
A lot of good things are happening.

  • The appraiser came out this morning. Because I never confirmed the time, I didn't think he was going to come out. But at least that is done. Now we will have to wait to see what number he comes back with. I think he mentioned he was going to call me after the meeting at the house was done to get some interior finish details.
  • The PM ordered the new/correct cabinet and it will be delivered to his house. He also told them not to install the knobs.
  • The brick finishers are finishing today. I forgot to ask him if they added our number brick. I will have to check this out next time we run over there.
  • They are going to start the siding next week after they are done with the house up the street from us.
  • The hardwood will be installed in the first floor Monday and Tuesday.
  • The vinyl in the laundry room and the tile in both bathrooms on the second floor will be finished today.
  • They also painted and trimmed the house this week.
  • While talking to him, he was on his way back over to the house to meet the Granite company. They were coming out to size out their template.
They got a lot done since we were there Tuesday night!!!
I am excited to see everything. He said he needs to keep the house locked now as this is when people tend to steal things. He would keep it unlocked for us, but we wouldn't make it over tonight and I don't want it to sit unlocked tonight and during the day tomorrow until we got there.
I think we are going to go over after work one night next week, but it might not be until Thursday. E is traveling again. Hey I can always make a trip without him, right???

What a call and update!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Yay! We were officially locked out of our house today too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy, busy, busy! it all sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been locked out a few times already (even before the drywall went up). My wife and I already got over the visiting without the other thing. Plus, when we do visit solo we always send picture messages to share the excitement!

    Hope the appraisal comes back at the number that works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Late to the party and probably missed it from an earlier post - what's your reasoning for not having them install the knobs? Are you going without or just planning to change them once you get in?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, just saw your comment.
    We decided to go without. We didn't want them at the beginning, but thought it would be too tough to open without.

    ReplyDelete