The framers were a little behind schedule, so the completion date of the home is now October 11th. Not too far off of our estimated close date at signing of October 4th.
I emailed our LO this morning and he said they typically close within 2 days of completion. Since we are now safe and within 60 days, we need to think about which bank we are locking with and lock the rate. And of course they are up to 4.625% with .625% points. That is $152 more a month than when we signed and priced everything at 3.625%.
We did want to change a few things we found during our walk thru:
- The hose bib on the back of the house was really high. So it wasn't so noticeable, we asked him to move it down a foot or so.
- He still needs to have the electrician move our thermostat wiring so it is not right in the middle of the wall above where we would put our buffet.
- The spacing of the two outlets in the master were not spaced the same below the windows/from the side wall. We asked him to move the one. But when he measured it out, it was more then 12 feet away from the other outlet. We compromised and he is going to move the one outlet and then ask the electrician come in and add another outlet to where we wanted to move the other one to. This way we have an outlet under each window on both sides of the bed for nightstands.
- They did fix the framing for the master bath. They just need to come back in and center the lights over the tub and shower.
- Our biggest item we saw where the air return vents. I guess they are doing something new now. All the air return vents are above the bedroom doors. So as you are walking up the stairs, all you can see are these vents. We both think it looks ugly. Not too happy about it. He was explaining why they are doing it this way and I wasn't paying attention too much. I was just looking at them thinking how much I hated them being there.
They had the garage doors on both garages, but when we left they were up so we couldn't get pictures of the doors yet. Guess I will just need to drive past again :-)
We saw that our flower box was still on the lot. Since they stopped putting them on the floor plans, we asked if he could just keep it at the house. He said he would put it up if we wanted him to.
They are going to fix some framing issues today, start the HVAC tomorrow, and insulation and dry wall next week. He said he thinks he will be locking the doors this weekend since all the HVAC equipment will be in the basement.
So excited that it is starting to look like a home!!!!