Our changes included:
- New Caledonia granite counter tops ($4.5K). Our cabinets are Maple Cognac and the hardwood floor is Gunstock Dundee. I would have liked to gone darker on the cabinets, but most blogs I read hate the dark dark cabinets.
- Third car garage ($12.5K). Yay!!! I get to finally park inside.
- Additional cable and data outlets. Our package included six cable/phone outlets. We added two additional cable and two data. We decided to only have one phone outlet as we have not used the land line in our house now for 2 years; we only have it for the discounted cable rates. I believe the charge for all 4 was around $400.
- We passed on the security system as I did not want to sign a contract for 3 years. The $250 installation charge was appealing, but an additional $45/month for 3 years was not something I wanted to add at this time. I know it's not a lot, but I just wasn't comfortable increasing our monthly expenses any more just yet.
- The only remaining item is to finalize our carpet color. Currently we have, Shaw Favorite Choice in Light Aspiration. We are second guessing ourselves and want to make sure it is not too dark. Hopefully we can take some carpet samples from Rusmur floors this week and compare to the carpet we have now in our rental.
I guess I can always start shopping for the fridge, washer and dryer that we need to purchase for the house. That should keep me busy until July when they are scheduled to start building. I could also go crazy on furniture, but I want to wait until we are living in the house to see what we actually need and prioritize each room.