Monday, April 8, 2013

And it begins....

We signed our purchase agreement Easter weekend. I am so excited for this process; but not excited that I have to wait until July for them to start building our home.
I HATE waiting. I have always complained when vacations are booked for months in advance and now I have to wait for this!!! I guess it will be here before I know it.

When we first started looking at Ryan Homes we looked at the Ferncliff, Florence, & Venice Models.
I really liked the Venice model at the beginning, but thought "what I am going to do with 4 bedrooms?"
We initially started the whole process with the Ferncliff model. The monthly expense was well above our budget that we wanted to spend going into this.
We had changed our minds the day we were to sign the Purchase Agreement.
I think I was so excited about the home, I didn't realize exactly what I would be paying each month.
After talking with the Pittsburgh Sales Manager, she told us to price out a bigger house in Washington County. And I am glad we did. We gained 500 sq feet for $300/month less!

Our Venice Home will have the Elevation L. We will be picking our color scheme later this week. We found a color scheme we like in a neighborhood near my parents, but were told that they do not offer that color combination anymore.

We have currently met with Rusmur Floors for our initial meeting. I am debating on whether or not I put hardwood floor through the entire first floor.
Without the morning room, I thought that we may need carpet in the family room to breakup the rooms.
Good thing I have until the end of April to decide on this.

The First Floor will have Dundee Oak Gunstock 2 1/4" hardwood in the mud room, kitchen, dinette, foyer, powder room, and living/dining room.
Light Aspiration Carpet with 6lb padding in the family room and second floor.
The Second Floor bathroom will have Brixton Sand Tile on the floor and the Owner's Bath will have Brixton Sand Tile on the floor, shower, and tub. The shower will also have a glass mosaics accent border.

Seems like after our meeting with Guardian next week, I will be sitting back  anxiously waiting until our pre-construction meeting in July.



4 comments:

  1. Found your blog today. Looking forward to reading about your journey. You can find my journey about building with heartland at http://stanfordheartland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog!! Congratulations!

    Wise choice in model and elevation ! Score!

    We built a Rome in Maryland! Feel free to join our site at
    ricknadase@blogdpot.com

    I have instructions on my blog do that you can add the followers button do all bloggers can follow your journey. When you read the instructions scroll to second page and click on followers do not choose google+followers it has different results.

    HAPPY BUILDING AND BLOGGING!!

    ReplyDelete