Thursday, September 12, 2013

Brick and a garage of goodies!!!!

They were completing the finishing touches up early this week to start painting. We went over Tuesday evening to see how all the dry wall turned out.
We found a few other little surprises!!
They started the brick which they weren't to start until later this week and all of our doors and cabinets were in the garage.

On Sunday we decided that we no longer wanted the cabinet hardware installed. I wasn't a big fan of the knobs from the beginning, but we thought it would be hard to open the cabinets without them. I emailed our SR Monday morning and they can't adjust the sales price now, so we will have a box of $200 knobs as a house warming gift. Guess I will put these on eBay.

At the beginning of the process, we noticed on blogs that the cabinet above the microwave was raised higher than the other cabinets in the kitchen. For some reason this really bothers me. We made a point during our 2 week of changes that our SR knew that we wanted this cabinet to be flat along with the other cabinets. This was also mentioned to our PM during our Pre-construction meeting several times. He wrote it on his sheet and circled it a few times. When we did our pre-dry wall walk through, our PM reminded me that his notes had that our cabinets are to be flush.
Well....today I get a lovely voicemail that they are installing the cabinets and the cabinet above the microwave was to the ceiling and was pushed forward so it wasn't lined up with the other cabinets. He didn't think that's what I wanted. I called him back and of course got his VM. Hopefully this is an easy fix. This now gives me a reason to go over and check on things this weekend. I am excited to see our cabinets. As long as the one cabinet is flat!!!!!

I also got a call that they wanted to do the appraisal tomorrow morning. I didn't hear back from my PM yet, so I don't have that scheduled.
I called my SR because I wasn't sure if I needed to go through him or our PM. While on the phone, he told me that NVR lowered their rate to match our rate we locked with an outside lender and it didn't have any points attached to it today. I explained we already locked and he told me that we should be able to get out of it if we didn't pay any money yet.
Has anyone locked and backed out with that lender? Any penalties? E was going to call our LO to see  how this was possible. But I think once we have the appraisal, we are locked in with that lender.


Oh and we also noticed there is a small dent in the corner of the garage door on the third car attachment. We will need to mention this to our PM so they can fix it. If they don't replace the door, hopefully they fix it enough that you won't notice it was dented.



3 comments:

  1. About the changes to the sales price: I don't want to say your SR is blowing steam, but we close on Sept 25 (just another 1.5 weeks!) and we literally just made changes on Tuesday. Granted, ours was related to "customer service" changes where they credited back some stuff to us that were mistakes, but all along this process they have continued to make changes, including things that have impacted the sales price (we have 8 change orders).

    In the grand scheme... $200 for knobs probably won't be a big deal (you might even want to try taking them back to a big box store and return them for store credit).

    About the cabinet above the microwave - the only way to fix this is to order a new cabinet. But by the sounds of it, your PM is already aware of this issue since he called you, so you should be good to go there!

    Finally - as for the lender, I would imagine again that as long as you haven't paid anything yet (application fees, etc.) you should probably be good to go. And even if they do have the appraisal, the worst thing that could happen is you have to pay for that which is probably only $250 and you could still go to another lender. That's just my thought though... I'd still verify with your LO.

    Everything is looking good! I love the front door!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Brandon, loving your door! The cabinet should be an easy fix since each piece is hung separately and just tucked neatly next to one another. As long as the flush piece is the same width as the raised piece, it shouldn't be an issue. Regarding locking with a lender, you can probably get out of it. However, if you paid points to lock you lose out on that money. You also lose out on any application fee, processing fee, appraisal fee, or other monies paid where the lender has already provided service. Depending on where you are in the process, I'd really check if they can revise the numbers since you're not getting the knobs, especially with NVRM revising the rate on your application (the rates have been declining over the past 3 days, so it may be better once the rates come out later this morning). I can see RH giving you another excuse though (like they were already ordered or something) to try and not create more work for themselves.

    Brick is also looking nice! Can't wait to see those garage goodies installed inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are going to do some type of knob you might want them to go ahead and drill the holes so they are liable for damaging your doors. If you are doing a pull I would leave them off. As for the garage door they will either repair or replace the panel.

    ReplyDelete